Firefighter    ■    Power Dispatcher    ■    Husband    ■    Daddy    ■    Grandpa    ■    Crazy Man

Friday, December 27, 2013

Maybe I should start a sister blog about crazy emails

Got this one shared with us by the customer service friendlies today.

They got this message first.

From: [name] [mailto:[handle]@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2013 2:30 AM
To: [custsvc]
Subject: urgent need to stop humming sound in apartment

I have a digital smartmeter and there is loud high pitched screeching humming sound all over my apt causing me to not sleep for days.  I left my apartment for hours and upon return there has been nonstop humming sound. I am reading others are reporting same and my bedroom has 3 large power lines across from it. this humming sound commenced around dec 10 but worsened greatly when I was out.   others have told me locals want this apartment and are doing some secret thing to annoy me so I will flee but cannot confirm this.

need immediate help getting analog meter. reply promptly please. the worst of humming has been since I left apt and returned on dec 24th. thanks [phone number]


The phone number provided is not in our customer database, and the name (nor any of its common variations) is also not in our database.  There was no answer when we called it, and no voice mail.  We have no idea who this is, how to reach them, or where they are.  So, we sent this reply.

From: [custsvc]
Sent: ‎December‎ ‎26‎, ‎2013 ‎7‎:‎16‎ ‎AM
To: [name]
Subject: RE: urgent need to stop humming sound in apartment

Good morning.

Thank you for your e-mail.  Please e-mail us or call us at [phone number] and provide your address so we can follow up with the service department to check out your meter.

Thank you,
[name]
Customer Service
[power company]

From there things apparently degraded, as this was the next message we got.

From: [name] [mailto:[handle]@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2013 1:39 PM
To: [custsvc]
Subject: RE: urgent need to stop humming sound in apartment

high pitched humming sound so bad haven't slept now 5 days, ringing in my ears even when cut off breakers off electricity running still as I sampled one of those glade plugin scents where liquid all gon e and smell is putting out like its full. if power off no scent should occur. additionally cigarette smoke smell is entering into my kitchen at 7 pm and when I was in my bed at 11 pm cigaretee smoking entering apartment but all windows closed and I don't smoke. I am told people here want this apartment.

digital meters cause these affects.  im being made very sick here, reported to apartment management who maintenac guy says he doesn't hear anything.

sound is making me deaf and will sue if meter not replaced with legacy analog meter. 3 giant high voltage towers are next to my bedrm window . says they are microwave cell towers.

need immediate remedy


We still can't reach this person by phone, no idea who it is or where they are.  I opted to get involved and sent this.

Hi there, my name is [Grumpy Dispatcher], I am the [dispatch boss man] for [my power company]. Our customer service department shared your concerns with me.

We would like to try to help you, but you have not yet told us how to find you so we can assist.  You have emailed us twice, but you have not provided us with your address or your account number, and we do not have anyone in our customer database by the name of [name] or any variations of that name, nor do we have the phone number you provided us anywhere in our customer database.

We have tried to call you several times but no one is answering.  In order to assist you, you MUST call us [phone number] so we can assist.

I'll keep you posted on how this turns out, if I ever find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment