Firefighter    ■    Power Dispatcher    ■    Husband    ■    Daddy    ■    Grandpa    ■    Crazy Man

Thursday, January 6, 2022

The Bygone Golden Blogging Age

While trying to spin this place back up, I've been looking over my old blogroll, and found so many of them more or less abandoned. Others are still "active" but have been.... hijacked. Someone bought the domain and is making posts, but they're just trolling for referral link traffic now, clearly not the original author or content.

Removed most of these now, but it's sad, there's still a lot of good (but old) content out there on some of them.  Maybe I'll circle around and re-add the ones abandoned in place under the heading of Dead Blogs I Liked, lol.

It shows how long I've been sidelined from the blog scene that I didn't even notice them also going dark, though. The golden age of blogging has apparently passed us by.

There must be some good ones left somewhere, though.  I especially liked the fire, cop, EMS and 911 dispatch blogs that were personal in nature. I was able to look around and find a handful of candidates to add and we will see where they go.

I'm not sure how many readers I still have (surely not as many as I once had since I was gone for so long myself) but if you're still there and know of some other good ones still going, please comment below so I can check them out and we can all try to stick together.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still here Grumpy. Kept your blog on my bar and would check back every once an a while. I still love the way your stories make me feel like I'm right there with you in the moment. I think you said it best your's is the only blog I still follow with any frequency. Social Media seems to have basically made this medium obsolete. Living life at 140 characters never did sit well with me. I enjoy a good rant or story now and again. I'm glad you keep coming back to it though.

    Stay safe from your favorite fan and Paramedic from CT -Sean

    ReplyDelete