Firefighter    ■    Power Dispatcher    ■    Husband    ■    Daddy    ■    Grandpa    ■    Crazy Man

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Just a brief commentary

Just because you are a paid guy, or a part-timer, and you are collecting a paycheck for wearing the badge, does not mean you are the shizzle.

I don't pretend to know it all. In fact, the older I get, the more there is that I realize I don't know, and the scarier it gets.

That said, I've been doing this since before you were born.

Next time, don't walk away and pretend you didn't hear me when I try to first politely coach you. Don't act all pissy when I call you on it and hand it all back down. Yeah, you heard me right.

This is not a career/volunteer debate, it is about your attitude problem. Attitude problems are found on all sides, for a variety of reasons. In this case, yours comes from wearing the tin for $$ while thinking that automatically raises you to a higher class.  News flash: It doesn't.

You are not the shizzle, and thinking you are only goes further to prove my point.

That is all.


No comments:

Post a Comment