Firefighter    ■    Power Dispatcher    ■    Husband    ■    Daddy    ■    Grandpa    ■    Crazy Man

Friday, November 20, 2009

Is this thing on?

Just checking in. Busy week.

Training new dispatchers is a drain on the soul. Some more than others. There's more I would like to say about it, but I'll leave it at that. I'm beat.

I need to get motivated to put up the next installment of the tutorial series, which will talk more about system protection (or rather, line tripping and fault clearing, that makes it sound more interesting). It really is among the most fascinating things in the job for grid geeks like me.

Translation for everyone else: Boring. But, many of you are polite enough to sometimes say something about these being 'insightful' or some such anyway. Y'all are so sweet to say such things, you know.

Speaking of grid geeks, one of my old mentors had a very amusing power grid-related cartoon on his office wall before he retired. Thankfully, he still had it when I asked him about it last week, with this blog in mind, and he passed it along to me for your amusement, now posted over there on the right. Click it to see it full size.

Stay safe, and I'll try to keep the lights on at the fire station.


No comments:

Post a Comment